Dr. Fei Hu
Areas of Research
- Wireless networks
- Machine learning
- Cyber-physical security
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Clarkson University, 2002
- Ph.D., Signal Processing, Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1999
Dr. Fei Hu researches security, signals and sensors, or 3S.
- Security: This is about how to overcome different cyber attacks in a complex wireless or wired network. Recently Hu has focused on cyber-physical system security and medical security issues.
- Signals: This mainly refers to intelligent signal processing, that is, using machine learning algorithms to process sensing signals in a smart way in order to extract patterns, i.e., pattern recognition.
- Sensors: This includes micro-sensor design and wireless sensor networking issues.
He has published over 200 journal/conference papers and books. His research has been supported by the National Science Foundation, Cisco, Sprint and other sources.